6 days and 5 nights
Rich in history and culture, Oaxaca is a fascinating destination where ancient civilizations, colonial architecture and alive traditions confluence. The culture and warmth of its people are the main reasons for traveling and getting wrapped by the Oaxacan universe.
More than 3,000 years of being an outstanding dish, Oaxacan cuisine backs up the chapulines; seven kinds of mole are part of the welcoming commitee to its many attractions, black, red, green, yellow, stew, mancha mantel and chinchillo.
Your visit to Oaxaca lands can’t end without the traditional mezcal, there will be several options to taste the different varieties.
There are two ways to prepare chocolate, with milk or with water; either of the two presentations are a delight to the palate.
Day 01 Puebla
After transfering from Mexico City we’ll enjoy a visit to Puebla’s downtown, We’ll visit El Rosario Chapel, the Toad’s alley, the Candy street, the arts & crafts market and the famous Amparo museum, a colection of pre-hispanic, colonial, modern and contemporary Mexican art.
Day 02 Oaxaca
On route to Oaxaca we’ll stop at Monte Alban archaeological site, afterwards we’ll arrive to your accommodation to lodge and we’ll have a Mezcal degustation.
Day 03 Oaxaca
In the morning we’ll find a traditional breakfast at the market, then we’ll stroll around the city to visit temples and museums, the Convent of Santo Domingo exhibits the jewels found in the magnificent tomb No. 7 in Monte Alban.
Day 04 Oaxaca
After enjoying some tamales for breakfast we’ll continue to Santa Maria del Tule, Mitla, the city of the dead, Hierve el Agua water falls to cool off and Rancho Zapata for lunch and Mezcal degustation.
Day 05 Tehuacan
Today we will travel towards Tehuacan where we will admire the flora of the Tehuacan – Cuicatlan Biosphere Reserve, recently included in the UNESCO list of Humanity’s heritage sites.
Day 06 CDMX
After breakfast we will head back to Mexico City.
- Airport – Hotel – Airport transfers.
- All the transfers between activities.
- 5 nights lodging in Puebla, Oaxaca and Mexico City.
- Every day’s breakfast.
- Entrance fees to the offered activities and the related gear.
- Tour conductor throughout the tour.
- Knowledgeable explanation of the Mexican history, traditions, religious synchretism and nature observation.
- Great gastronomy.
- Guided service, commitment to your needs and interests, advice on any situation you may require orientation and the certainty you are dealing with a professional, experienced company.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Airborne transportation before, during or after the tour.
- Accommodations before or after the tour.
- Personal expenses.
- Optional activities.
- Souvenirs, drinks and tips.
- Room service, telephone calls, internet, etcetera.
ESTIMATED LOCAL CASH NEEDED
$20 USD per day – Souvenirs and beverages are not included on the tour fee.
- You must bring health insurance to start any of our expedition tours, please let us know if we may assist you to cover this requisite.
- Note that the itinerary is a minimum guideline for the places to visit and activities, but you will have a myriad of opportunities to learn, enjoy and admire the country.
Tour Type: Youth and Family, Cultural, Culinary, Nature Observation.
Transportation Method: Viano Mercedes Benz, public and private vehicles.
Activity Level: light, short walks on level ground, with some stairs to climb.
Kid Friendly: Yes. It is a great experience for kids of any age, they usually bring up the most interesting questions.